Over 100 years of excellent UK design education is now in Malaysia - The One Academy. As an extension of our consistent emphasis on high quality education, The One Academy now brings in a prominent partner from UK - the University of Herfordshire, to lead you further.
The One Academy – the University of Hertfordshire design degree is an ideal educational partnership that offers outstanding design education encompassing highly distinctive business-facing syllabus relevant to today’s commercial needs.
You will greatly benefit from their commitment to integrate work-related knowledge and skills within academic studies so that you’re prepared to enter the competitive world of work.
About University of Hertfordshire
The University of Hertfordshire is a vibrant, inclusive, campus-based institution with a vision to be internationally renowned as the UK's leading business-facing university. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel. All courses are underpinned by industry insight and powerful research ensuring our student community of over 24,600 graduates are equipped with the skills and attributes for successful professional lives. The University has excellent progression rates to employment – 96.5% of students are in employment or further study six months after graduating* - and its teaching expertise has recently been awarded the top gold ranking in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2018. It is one of the top 150 universities in the world under 50 years old, according to the new Times Higher Education 150 under 50 rankings 2018.
With more than half a century of excellent teaching experience, the University of Hertfordshire aims to be recognised as a new model of a university by 2012 through its far-reaching engagement with business, community and international partners, and shaping the future success of its graduates operating in the global environment.
School of Studies
Today, the University offers a diverse range of programmes across its 10 schools of study, including business, art & design, engineering, film, music, law and bio-sciences.
In December 2006, the University established its regional office in KL to act as a focal education hub within Malaysia and the broader region, as well as to support its large Alumni Network.
Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
The University of Hertfordshire was rated the Highest (Excellent) for its learning and teaching quality by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). At the same time, the University was also awarded the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise for outstanding achievement in international trade, recognising its strong links with educational establishments overseas and its success in recruiting international students.
The Forefront among UK Varsities
· One of the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017)
· 96.5% graduate employment rate*
· Local degree with UK standards (The One Academy is reviewed twice a year by external examiners)
Vast Industry Link leads to Business-Facing Curriculum
· University of Hertfordshire’s business support organisation, Exemplas Ltd., enhances connectivity and engagement with SMEs across the country
· This enables UH to embed key practical skills and work related knowledge required by industry employers into the course syllabus
· Students will keep abreast with industry needs and are equipped with a business-focused mindset, establishing themselves as employers’ choice of model employees
Versatile Online Learning Environment, Study Net
· UH leads in the use of networked electronic systems to support learning and teaching
· Malaysian students enjoy the same outstanding resources provided to students in UK for their studies
· StudyNet provides alternative access to relevant subject information through a web browser both on and off campus
· Students can access course descriptions, UH’s large collections of e-journals, e-books, lecture notes, past year examination papers, online discussions and other course materials
* Base on HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2018 Survey